Protecting our environment by making our built environment sustainable, is key to JBA’s approach to improve the manner in which we consume resources.
JBA’s Sustainability team provides planning and engineering advice for Town Planning, Design and Review. A core focus for the team is to maintain or improve occupancy comfort whilst reducing energy consumption and the impact of the built environment on our world.
Environmentally Sustainable Design (ESD) is key to achieving a sustainable living and working world for the future. The team utilises advanced modelling and simulation applications to analyse proposed solutions, such as sun shading, façade treatments, daylight penetration, natural ventilation and environmental conditioning.
By working closely with all of our design teams JBA can ensure the smartest, most efficient and cost effective solutions are explored for implementation. By integrating and evaluating alternatives JBA is able to bring innovative thinking to the design process.
The design of buildings and structures which are environmentally responsible and resource efficient.
Our Sustainability expertise includes:
- 6 Star FirstRate5 Thermal Performance assessments
- NCC Section J Energy Efficiency compliance reports
- JV3 Energy Modelling solutions
- Sustainability Management Plans (SMP) for Town Planning
- Feasibility and Life Cycle costing analysis
- Green Star Modelling and Certification
- NABERS Energy Audits and formal submissions
- Master Planning of Sustainable Initiatives for urban design
- Daylight and Thermal comfort design assessment
- Sustainable Building Material selection advice
- ESD Programme and Project management